In recent weeks, four current or former students at U-32 Middle and High School wrote on Instagram about their experiences with sexual misconduct and their disappointment in the administration’s response.
Vermont Coronavirus report (updated Thursday, June 17)
9 new cases
no change from 9 yesterday
24,357 total cases
256 deaths total
46,833 partially vaccinated
400,204 fully vaccinated
2,226 daily doses administered
812.0K total doses administered
4 in hospital
↑ up from 2 yesterday
1 in ICU (1 yesterday)
8.50% partially vaccinated
72.64% fully vaccinated
81.14% received at least one dose
Vaccine data reported via the Vermont Department of Health. (Note: Vaccine data from June 10-14 was taken from the Vermont Forward Plan website.) Percent of population vaccinated based on the number of Vermonters aged 12 and above, Vermont Department of Health Population numbers (2019). Read VTDigger's Covid-19 stories here, and our liveblog with the latest livestream of the governor's pressers and cases by county here
Other Top News
More Recent Coverage
Lawmakers will look to revive the three bills Gov. Phil Scott killed this year and pass a sweeping housing reform bill that Republicans blocked in May.
Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger celebrated the milestone Wednesday as Covid-19 cases became nearly nonexistent in Chittenden County.
The celebrations scheduled across Vermont on Saturday will honor African American liberation, history and culture, and provide learning opportunities for children and adults.
The new guidance leaves schools with fewer enforcement tools than private businesses. Bars, restaurants, and retailers retain the right to require masking under state rules. But while schools should recommend that unvaccinated individuals remain masked, per Vermont Department of Health guidelines, they cannot require it.
- HCRS receives 2021 Summer Matters for All grant
- Grow, eat … COMPOST … repeat: Vermont Organics recycling summit a success
- Emergency Burlington GOP Zoom Meeting 7:30 6-18-21 to nominate Ward 3 Candidate for Burlington City Council
- Vermont Interfaith Action welcomes a new Southern Vermont Organizer
- Element Real Estate acquires Little River Realty with expansion into Stowe
- The Hub at Weston launches July 25 and announces head chef
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont celebrates the culmination of Girls on the Run Vermont 2021 season
- Maverick Market opens at the Essex Experience
- Legal notice of class action
- VICII Contemporary Issues Forum & People’s Law School – June schedule