After a 10-hour deliberation, the jury found former Minneapolis cop Derek Chauvin guilty on two counts of murder and one count of manslaughter for the death of George Floyd.
Vermont Coronavirus report (updated Monday, April 19)
93 new cases
↓ down from 152 yesterday
22,112 total cases
242 deaths total
94,384 partially vaccinated
190,364 fully vaccinated
8,899 daily doses administered
454.3K total doses administered
28 in hospital
↑ up from 26 yesterday
5 in ICU (5 yesterday)
18.02% partially vaccinated
36.34% fully vaccinated
54.35% received at least one dose
Data retrieved from Vermont Department of Health, reported daily. Vaccine data updated Tuesdays through Saturdays. Percent of population vaccinated based on the number of Vermonters aged 16 and above, Vermont Department of Health Population numbers (2019). Read VTDigger's Covid-19 stories here, and our liveblog with the latest livestream of the governor's pressers and cases by county here
Other Top News
More Recent Coverage
The Department of Health has sought to overcome skepticism of state government among Indigenous Vermonters.
After spending the past year stocking up on equipment to combat Covid-19, Vermont officials are deciding what to do with it — and how to prepare for the next disaster.
The Vermont Department of Taxes logged 3,795 sales to out-of-staters in 2020, up from 2,750 the year before. The value of out-of-state sales nearly doubled: Buyers paid $1.43 billion for homes in 2020, up from $799 million the year before.
A bill passed Friday includes a sales tax on “cloud-based software and services,” an overhaul of corporate taxes and exemptions for military pensions and menstrual products.
- Public invited to join free online composting summit May 3-7
- The Commons wins 10 awards from New England Newspaper & Press Association
- Poet, playwright, artist, activist dies at 82
- Disability Rights Vermont announces changes
- Chittenden County Interstate 89 study public meeting
- Community Solar for Vermont congregations
- Washington Electric Cooperative recognizes Electric Utility Lineworker Appreciation day April 18
- Williston VT form-based code community events
- VT Ski + Ride wins general excellence from New England Press Association
- Lipkin Audette team receives the highest recognition by a global real estate brand