Joseph Ferlazzo, 41, of Northfield, New Hampshire, is expected to be arraigned Wednesday on a first-degree murder charge in the death of his wife, Emily Ferlazzo, 22, who had been reported missing by her family.
New! VTDigger Shop
Your purchase directly powers our mission. Shop to support.
More Recent Coverage
While students said they felt supported and excited at the event, they hoped for deeper support from the community and expressed worries about potential backlash.
When the Taliban gained control of Afghanistan in August, an Afghan citizen who had aided U.S. forces was able to escape with the help of a loose network of military members and veterans. Now he is headed to Vermont.
Some people said they plan to gather at the site on Tuesday, the city's deadline for residents to leave.
In other business Monday night, city councilors voted 8-4 to increase the police hiring cap to 79 officers, excluding those who are stationed at Burlington International Airport.
- VSECU kicks off annual program where members direct $50,000 to Vermont nonprofits
- Central Vermont Regional Planning Commission and town of Moretown complete stormwater treatment final design phase
- New CT scan operating at Gifford
- Chronic staffing shortages threaten operation of local childcare programs
- Concord Health Center re-opens to better serve Essex County
- Lund and community leaders break ground on the James B. Reardon Memorial Pavilion
- Wheels for Warmth event resumes after Covid pause, seeks tires to help Vermonters stay safe and warm this winter
- Vermont Bond Bank helps reduce water operating costs in South Royalton through refunding
- VSAC webinar shows you how to get the financial aid you need with FAFSA
- Construction of road erosion control improvements begin in Hubbard Park