White supremacist Super PAC urges Vermonters to vote for Trump in robocall

Donald Trump

Donald Trump. Photo by Michael Vadon/Wikipedia image.

A white supremacist is leaving robocall messages for Vermonters, urging voters to cast ballots for Republican presidential primary candidate Donald Trump.

Several readers sent information about and a recording of the robocall to VTDigger Wednesday night.

William Daniel Johnson, a white nationalist and the founder of the American National Super PAC, says in the robocall that “The white race is dying out in America and Europe because we are afraid to be called ‘racist.’”

Johnson says voters can put an end to “gradual genocide against the white race” by electing Trump.

“Don’t vote for a Cuban,” Johnson says, alluding to Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, Trumps’ rivals in the election, “vote for Donald Trump.”

Trump has questioned whether Sens. Cruz, R-Texas, or Rubio, R-Fla., are eligible to serve as president. Rubio was born to Cuban immigrants in Miami. Cruz was born in Canada; his mother is an American and his father is from Cuba.

Talking Points Memo, a political media company in Washington, D.C., reported Wednesday that Johnson’s robo call campaign is targeting Minnesota and Vermont.

Johnson, 60, a lawyer based in Los Angeles who holds a juris doctorate from Columbia University, is chair of the American Freedom Party. Johnson launched similar robocall campaigns in Iowa and New Hampshire.

The American National Super PAC is not affiliated with Trump’s campaign, and Johnson says in his message that Trump did not authorize the message.

Johnson has never spoken with Trump, according to TPM, and Trump has says he would “disavow” the robocall messages from white supremacists.

In widely publicized speeches, Trump has made anti-immigrant and racist comments.

Here are a few direct quotes from the candidate collected by Insidegov.com:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. … And some, I assume, are good people.”

“I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

“Laziness is a trait in the blacks. … Black guys counting my money! I hate it.”

The full text of Johnson’s robocall follows:

The American National Super PAC makes this call to support Donald Trump. I am William Johnson, a farmer and white nationalist.

The white race is dying out in America and Europe because we are afraid to be called “racist.” This is our mindset: It’s okay that our government destroys our children’s future, but don’t call me racist. I am afraid to be called racist. It’s okay to give away our country through immigration, but don’t call me racist. It’s okay that few schools anymorehave beautiful white children as the majority, but don’t call me racist. Gradual genocide against the white race is okay, but don’t call me racist. I am afraid to be called racist. Donald Trump is not a racist, but Donald Trump is not afraid.
Don’t vote for a Cuban. Vote for Donald Trump. (213) 718-3908. This call is not authorized by Donald Trump.

Anne Galloway

26 Comments on "White supremacist Super PAC urges Vermonters to vote for Trump in robocall"

wemey phillips fixnc
4 months 29 days ago

Please get the facts straight, Donald Trump NEVER said “laziness is a trait of the blacks” or any other derogatory statements toward the black community.

4 months 29 days ago

Or maybe he did? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/29/donald-trump-blacks-lawsuit_n_855553.html

“Nobody has had worse things written about them than me,” Trump says. “And here I am. The stuff O’Donnell wrote about me is probably true. The guy’s a fucking loser. A fucking loser. I brought the guy in to work for me; it turns out he didn’t know that much about what he was doing. I think I met the guy two or three times total. And this guy goes off and writes a book about me, like he knows me!” (quote supposedly comes from a 1999 Playboy article)

Maybe Donald Mussolini should address this one?

4 months 29 days ago

Quick follow up: both the Playboy article author and Trump confirm the article but neither addresses the quote:

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/10/08/trump.transcript/ (from 1999)

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/12/donald-trump-mark-bowden-playboy-profile (from 2015)

Peter Liston
4 months 29 days ago

“In 1991, Trump was accused of making racial slurs against black people in a book written by John R. O’Donnell, former president of Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino, called “Trumped!” O’Donnell wrote that Trump once said, in reference to a black accountant at Trump Plaza, “laziness is a trait in blacks.” He also told O’Donnell: “Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.”

“Trump called O’Donnell a disgruntled employee but he didn’t deny allegations”

Katherine Silta
4 months 28 days ago

Well the mere fact that white supremecists think that he is “their guy” tells you all you need to know. Whether he said it or not is pretty much irrelevant. Not the kind of person who ought to be in any kind of positoon of power in govt.

Melissa Moon
4 months 29 days ago

I was aghast when I heard the opening of this phone message last night. I only needed to hear the first sentence and couldn’t hit DELETE fast enough.

Andi Rosin
4 months 28 days ago

I almost hung up, but instead I put it on speaker so my husband sitting next to me would hear it. I was too stunned to even say anything until the call ended. It made me feel sick.

4 months 22 days ago

Did this call come to you on a cell phone or landline?

4 months 22 days ago

Did this call come to you on a cell phone?

Paula Kane
4 months 29 days ago
I, too, was aghast when I received this call last night. I really think this is reminiscent of 1930s Germany when Hitler came into power. Hitler whipped up the crazies and could not control the jackboots. It was the same tone of blame (of the Jews in that case) of the “other”, not the white majority, for all the Country’s problems. That tone of blame and anger and “we are the victims” of some sort of conspiracy by others is wrong. We need to elect someone who has inclusion and hope for the future who holds the highest ideals of… Read more »
Lea Van Winkle
4 months 29 days ago

I received a phone call from this guy, we did not pick up but I checked the number and it was him. Yikes glad I did not answer

4 months 29 days ago
William Johnson’s law firm represent Chinese and Japanese corporations in the US. Nothing wrong with that but a little contrary to Trumps message: From American National Super Pac’s Statement of organization http://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/831/201601060300036831/201601060300036831.pdf#navpanes=0 Johnson’s email address is [email protected] The URL directs us to Johnson and Associates who state that: “My name is William Johnson. I have practiced as a lawyer in Los Angeles, California since 1981. For most of my years as a lawyer, I represented Japanese corporations in their U.S. activities. (I speak, read and write Japanese). Currently, Chinese investors are entering the United States business market in a manner… Read more »
Katherine Silta
4 months 29 days ago

Whether he said it or did not say it, or authorize it or did not authorize it is a moot point. The fact that white supremeacists support this guy as their preferred candidate is not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Matt Miller
4 months 29 days ago

Well, so far I am not aware of any white supremacist super PACs calling on Bernie’s behalf. I’d say that is a distinction that is newsworthy.

Annie Stratton
4 months 29 days ago
I do not normally answer unidentified phone calls but picked this one up because I was expecting a phone call from my out-of-state daughter. My first impulse was to hang up in disgust. Then this guy said “But don’t call me racist.” I couldn’t help it: I laughed because it was so nonsensical, and said out loud “but you ARE a racist”. The robocall apparently had been programmed to respond, because it immediately repeated “Don’t call me racist!” I repeated “you are a racist.” It repeated “Don’t call me racist!” Couldn’t resist it: I kept this on a roll for… Read more »
Paul Richards
4 months 29 days ago

“Trump is not harmless, and he is knowingly pitting American against American, knowing that it is easier to control people that way. .”
Roll back the calendar to 2007 and substitute the name Trump with Obama and then you will start to realize what the last 7.5 years has been like. Then look at the irreparable damage that has been done to our country, our freedoms.

Kathy Callaghan
4 months 28 days ago

Roll back a few decades earlier and you have several Trump-like examples to look at.

Gaelan Brown
4 months 29 days ago

Anyone wonder why only in Minnesota and Vt? As if the GOP primaries matter at all in these two states?

Seems to me this is a controlled oppositon tactic to scare Vt/MN voters to back Hitlary as they position her as more capable of beating Trump.

Who benefits from this silliness? Not Trump.

Scott Jennings
4 months 29 days ago

Typical dem hypocrisy. Trump in no way, shape or form supports this guy or his views. Crickets from the left when Obama has the support of hate groups like farrakhan’s nation of islam, black panthers and BLM. Obama has meetings with BLM but Google “BLM calls for killing cops” and see the results. And calling Trump racist…?

Small sample of racist comments by prominent dems:

Neil Johnson
4 months 28 days ago

Oh it’s called unbiased media.

The phone calls I love are the political survey ones, that wont’ stop, call back over and over. The only way to cut them off is to do the long survey. Well I did the survey, but the answers were made up. The RNC and DNC are losing control of our country and they are running scared. I encourage everyone to put in false answers to their surveys, it does give one some satisfaction.

Jason Wells
4 months 28 days ago
Funny Trumps winning of 3 primaries now and holding leads in many states has not been worthy of an article here. Heck now there are even vocal Bernie fans saying if Hillary is the nominee they will vote Trump. Some balance in the reporting would be welcomed. Not even a mention of Trump taking on the Bush lies of 9/11, Neocon M.E. policies, Libya, all but destroying the republican establishment, calling out big donors who have been calling the shots, talking about the military industrial complex and wanting to stop its greed with unneeded weapons systems and other useless programs.… Read more »
Susanna Rodani
4 months 28 days ago

None of these candidates are real people. They might resemble humans but they are “Politicians”. There is a huge difference.
As Politicians their only loyalty is to themselves and their only interest is getting elected. Once elected they get to play in the high stakes game called “Easy Money”.
We are nothing but suckers.
Lies, lies, lies.

Floyd Nease
4 months 28 days ago

I received this call. I originally thought Cruz or Rubio must have put them up to it. I guess not. What I find as shocking as the call itself is the fact that this group believes it is mainstream enough now to have a positive influence on the outcome of the election in Trump’s favor. Trump’s adopted Party has often played the race card in relatively subtle ways. Trump has, in effect, lifted the seat on the outhouse toilet and let the flies out into the daylight.

Andi Rosin
4 months 28 days ago

I thought it was Cruz too! In fact I posted that on my Facebook page. He has done some slimy thing so I would not put it past him.

But I also am not surprised that a Trump supporter would do the same.

4 months 22 days ago

Did you receive this call on a cell phone?

Andi Rosin
4 months 28 days ago
I received that call two nights ago. After the first line when the robocalled identified himself as a “white supremist’, I said, “OMG” and put it on speaker so my husband sitting next to me could hear it. I was afraid that either I heard it wrong, or that he would not believe me. I felt a wave of nausea going through me as I listened to the call. At first, like another person on here said, I thought it was the Cruz campaign. Cruz campaign has done some pretty nasty things. But when it was prove that it was… Read more »
Thanks for reporting an error with the story, "White supremacist Super PAC urges Vermonters to vote for Trump in rob..."