Burlington, South Burlington and Winooski leaders announced that the airport will seek federal funding for 20 monitors now that the fighter jets have arrived.
Some city councilors say they do not want to contribute to that program without more of a say in the operations of the airport, which is owned by Burlington.
Grants from the FAA will cover 90% of the cost of noise mitigation, including soundproofing and assistance selling homes. But the source of the remaining 10% is unclear.
Though he rails against Pentagon spending and it belies his progressive roots, the Democratic presidential candidate has long supported military projects, especially those for his home state.
South Burlington and Winooski officials want Burlington, the owner of the airport, to shoulder the burden of noise mitigation. But Burlington has made no concrete promises.
Using blockchain technology, the Toronto-based developers believe the city’s pilot citizen engagement program could soon be replicated by local governments across the country.
Voter rejection of a local option tax increase means the city may have to consider a mix, including private donations and regional partnerships, to pay for an indoor athletic facility and arts center.
The two cities joined Burlington in passing resolutions seeking an alternative Air Force mission to the fighter jets at the airport.
Joining the lawsuit is our best chance to get the information we need to prepare ourselves as best we can for the safety and noise impacts that come with the F-35.
News Release — Lt. Gov. Phil Scott March 30, 2016 Contact: Rachel Feldman: 802-828-2226 (o) 802-272-2256 (cell) Lt. Governor Phil Scott today issued the following statement on the appointments of Senator Diane Snelling to the Natural Resources Board and Senator-Designate Helen Riehle to the Vermont Senate: “Senator Diane Snelling has long been a champion for […]
The appointee is sworn in and will sit on the Natural Resources Committee, but a hole remained elsewhere after the panel in charge of assignments said it needed more time to consider options.
Gov. Shumlin selected former Sen. Helen Riehle to serve the rest of Snelling’s Senate term.