In SAU 70, a school district on the Vermont-New Hampshire border, transgender students can keep their gender identity confidential. Now, a group of anonymous parents is challenging that policy.
New! VTDigger Shop
Your purchase directly powers our mission. Shop to support.
More Recent Coverage
The measure was approved without discussion Tuesday morning and will move to the House.
Some 169 Vermonters fatally overdosed on opioids between January and October 2021, eclipsing the previous year’s record-setting total of 157 deaths.
The Green Mountain State will be well represented next month at the Winter Games in Beijing.
The ruling will provide public access to summaries of interviews with the former governor, his top staffers and others who were responsible for overseeing the development projects at Jay Peak Resort and other Northeast Kingdom properties owned by the Miami developer Ariel Quiros.
- Kat Wright performs at The Essex Experience on February 5th
- Vermont Independent Media/The Commons examines the future of local journalism – Why your local paper matters
- AARP Vermont accepting 2022 community challenge grant applications
- Blue Cross partners with Evergreen Family Health for integrated primary care
- Lund receives $15,000 grant from NorthCountry Federal Credit Union
- Community Kids Dental opens in Rutland
- Notice of settlement: Bennington VT class action settlement
- VT students create the future at the Governor’s Institutes of Vermont
- Electric vehicles: What’s coming in 2022 in Vermont, Québec, New England and Atlantic Canada
- Vermonters look to the future of transportation with the Transportation Innovation Act