Nonstop passenger service from Burlington to the Orlando, Fla., area will resume next year, Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger said Tuesday.

Las Vegas-based Allegiant Air will begin twice-weekly flights to Orlando-Sanford International Airport on Feb. 19. That airport is about 35 miles northeast of Orlando International Airport. Flights will depart on Wednesdays and Saturdays, according to a news release. The introductory fare for the new route is $67 each way, the release said.

This marks the return of nonstop service from Burlington to Orlando, which ended a year ago when JetBlue canceled its nonstop flights.

“We are thrilled to welcome a new airline to Burlington for the second time in only two years and appreciate the confidence that Allegiant has demonstrated in Burlington and our airport,” Weinberger said in a news release. Porter Airlines began service from Burlington to Toronto last year.

Reservations can be made on the company’s website at Allegiant.com or by calling 702-505-8888.