“We don’t need further study to know fentanyl is dangerous,” the mayor said, urging lawmakers to act. But some see issues with the proposed fentanyl-specific statute.
Alexandra Rooker, whose body was found at a Poultney man’s home in March, died accidentally as a result of substance abuse, according to her death certificate.
In two separate incidents Monday, emergency crews found two men dead and one woman who would later die. The deaths are under investigation.
The pharmaceutical company has increased the price of a lifesaving drug injector more than sixfold over the last two years.
Officials said it’s more important than ever for drug users and the people close to them to have naloxone, commonly referred to by the brand name Narcan.
Burlington police say they responded to two drug overdose calls within 24 hours this week. On Thursday afternoon, police went to a home on Archibald Street after receiving a report of an overdose there, according to the Burlington Police Department. Although police administered the overdose reversal drug naloxone, the 27-year-old man died at the scene. […]
While Vermont residents can get doses of the drug naloxone at no cost via a state-run pilot program, ambulance services have had to pay full price. But the state plans to begin purchasing and distributing naloxone for free to medics.
BURLINGTON — Police reported three heroin-related incidents in the past month, including two overdose deaths. Rup Paudel, 28, of Burlington, died at a Luck Street apartment April 13, according to a recent news release. Paudel was found unresponsive after consuming what police believe was heroin, but his usage did not indicate an intentional overdose, according […]
Through standing orders from physicians, the pharmacy giant will sell naloxone over the counter at its eight locations across the state, a company official said.
New numbers from the Vermont Department of Health show an increase in overdose deaths related to fentanyl in 2015. An [annual report on drug overdose fatalities] released last week shows that 29 people died because of accidental poisoning by fentanyl last year — 11 more people than the year before. Fentanyl, classified as a schedule […]