VTDigger Audio and Video Features
The Deeper Dig: The care board’s balancing act
Recent PodcastsView all podcasts.
News by Subject
- VTDigger: News in pursuit of truth
- Business & EconomyVTDigger publishes Vermont business and economic news. We also specialize in coverage of state finances and the impact of tax and budget policy on Vermonters. Erin Mansfield is VTDigger’s business and economy reporter. She can be reached at [email protected]
- PoliticsVTDigger regularly publishes stories about Vermont politics. We cover state elections, the Vermont Legislature, the governor’s office, state agencies and major political parties. Jasper Craven covers politics for VTDigger. He can be reached at [email protected]
- Courts & CorrectionsVTDigger covers criminal justice issues including Vermont legal issues, Vermont courts and the Vermont Department of Corrections. Elizabeth Hewitt covers the criminal justice system for VTDigger. She can be reached at [email protected]
- Health CareVTDigger publishes daily stories on health care. We cover the state’s hospitals, the state’s psychiatric care system, the Green Mountain Care Board, insurers, state health care policy, Medicaid and Medicare. Erin Mansfield is VTDigger’s health care reporter. She can be reached at [email protected]
- EnergyVTDigger covers electric utilities, renewable energy, nuclear and natural gas industries in Vermont. Mike Polhamus is our energy reporter. He can be reached at [email protected]
- EducationVTDigger publishes a wide range of stories about Vermont’s educational system from early childhood education issues to public and private K-12 schools to higher education. Our education reporter is Tiffany Pache. She can be reached at [email protected]
- People & Places
- Press ReleasesVTDigger.org posts press releases with information directly from businesses, state agencies, political organizations and nonprofits. We do not edit or rewrite press releases. We allow readers to comment on releases, and we encourage readers to contact the originator of a given release for more information. If you would like to submit a press release, please send it to [email protected] Our press release service is free. If you represent a business, please consider supporting VTDigger with underwriting or a corporate donation.
- CommentaryCommentary policy VTDigger.org publishes 12 to 18 commentaries a week from a broad range of community sources. All commentaries must include the author’s first and last name, town of residence and a brief biography, including affiliations with political parties, lobbying or special interest groups. We have a minimum length of 400 words. We have found the ideal length is approximately 800 to 1,000 words. We provide some copyediting support, but we do not have the staff to fact-check commentaries. We reserve the right to reject opinions for matters of taste and accuracy. Commentaries are voices from the community and do not represent VTDigger in any way. Please send your commentary to Cate Chant, [email protected] and Anne Galloway, [email protected]
- News BriefsVTDigger’s beat reporters cover health care, politics, education, energy, the environment, business and state finances. We offer brief Vermont news stories on issues are are keeping tabs on.
- About VTDigger
- Send A Tip
- Make a Donation