The inclusion of full-day pre-kindergarten in public schools is expected to be a major bone of contention for child care advocates because pre-kindergarten vouchers have become a critical subsidy for private child care centers.
Sign up for Final Reading
Get VTDigger's inside guide to the Statehouse in your inbox Tuesday through Friday evenings. Sign up
Danziger: Attorney General Merrick Garland very slowly turns up the heat on Bill Barr
More Recent Coverage
Key state senators are proposing a constitutional amendment that would establish qualifications for sheriffs, on top of a bill that could get rid of sheriffs’ administrative fee for contract work their departments undertake.
Jeffrey Noyes, former police chief in Brighton and Canaan, was cited Monday on the felony charge after a yearlong investigation by Vermont State Police.
This week’s hearings mark the Legislature’s first major deliberations over abortion-related policy since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned landmark Roe v. Wade case precedent last summer, eliminating the federal right to an abortion.
The jury awarded Mark Potanas $605,000 for a claim under the whistleblower protection act.
- ACCESS CVU - winter/spring 2023 classes open for registration
- HUUSD recipient of national Magna Award
- Alzheimer's support group meets at Community Health on Valentine's Day
- Vermont Folk hires Ian Drury as Young Tradition Vermont Director
- Age Well announces newest board member Glenn McRae
- The Town of Brandon is looking for a new town manager
- Trust for Public Land, Town of Burke protect 283 acres as Willey Woods Community Forest
- Flight Experience for Youth announces three exciting Youth Soaring Camp scholarships at Sugarbush Soaring Association
- Howard Center holds job fair on February 4
- Vermonter receives Musical America Top Professionals of the Year Award