Those who have followed U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders’ political career over the course of more than four decades are familiar with his progressive views. Now, as the new chair of the Senate’s influential Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, he holds unprecedented power to make good on his promises.
Sign up for Final Reading
Get VTDigger's inside guide to the Statehouse in your inbox Tuesday through Friday evenings. Sign up
Danziger: Attorney General Merrick Garland very slowly turns up the heat on Bill Barr
More Recent Coverage
Legislators are considering two wide-ranging bills that seek to protect abortion access in Vermont. The bills’ size and scope “speaks to the urgency” of the national abortion legal landscape post-Roe, proponents say.
Key state senators are proposing a constitutional amendment that would establish qualifications for sheriffs, on top of a bill that could get rid of sheriffs’ administrative fee for contract work their departments undertake.
The inclusion of full-day pre-kindergarten in public schools is expected to be a major bone of contention for child care advocates because pre-kindergarten vouchers have become a critical subsidy for private child care centers.
Richard P. Burgoon Jr. accused Bennington County State’s Attorney Erica Marthage of “bullying tactics” in a letter sent Monday to Vermont Attorney General Charity Clark. Marthage has defended her actions.
- EEE life long learning lectures kicks off new year
- Vermont Congresswoman Becca Balint meets with UP for Learning Youth Facilitators
- ACCESS CVU - winter/spring 2023 classes open for registration
- HUUSD recipient of national Magna Award
- Alzheimer's support group meets at Community Health on Valentine's Day
- Vermont Folk hires Ian Drury as Young Tradition Vermont Director
- Age Well announces newest board member Glenn McRae
- The Town of Brandon is looking for a new town manager
- Trust for Public Land, Town of Burke protect 283 acres as Willey Woods Community Forest
- Flight Experience for Youth announces three exciting Youth Soaring Camp scholarships at Sugarbush Soaring Association