This week’s hearings mark the Legislature’s first major deliberations over abortion-related policy since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned landmark Roe v. Wade case precedent last summer, eliminating the federal right to an abortion.
Sign up for Final Reading
Get VTDigger's inside guide to the Statehouse in your inbox Tuesday through Friday evenings. Sign up
Danziger: Improving economy buoys Biden reelection!
More Recent Coverage
Discharge totals from Vermont psychiatric inpatient facilities show how the overflow from an already strained statewide mental health care system fell on emergency departments.
In some cases, the bonuses exceeded the employees’ annual salaries, according to data released by the state auditor’s office.
A one-year pilot of free school meals will end in June. Advocates are pushing to make the program permanent.
The student was attacked the night of Jan. 17 by a group of young people, a family member said, leaving the local neighborhood shaken.
- Hundreds of advocates will rally for Mental Health Advocacy Day
- Community Health tip - cervical cancer is preventable and curable
- Fletcher Free Library to host vaccine clinics
- SOOS launches free “Community Edition” SCA tool
- Powerful, acclaimed new documentary featuring former Vermont Representative Kiah Morris, denounces online misogyny
- “Black Experience VT” celebrates all shades of Black at Burlington’s Flynn Theater on Saturday, February 25th, 2023 from 5pm to 9pm
- Vermont Federal Credit Union donates awards scholarships to the National Guard Association of Vermont
- Howard Center launches “Creating Hope" raffle to benefit Street Outreach
- Baumann joins Gifford in community relations role
- New research reveals vast landscapes in the Northeast suitable for cougars