The arts organization has acquired a neighboring property in Glover with a massive barn that is expected to be used for puppet, prop and set storage, as well as an archive and rehearsal and performance space. Bread and Puppet has launched a half-million-dollar fundraising campaign to fund the expansion.
Visit our online shop for hats, totes and t-shirts that rep your local nonprofit news source. All proceeds support our rigorous journalism for Vermont. Shop now
Danziger: The Santa guys
More Recent Coverage
In Vermont, tipped workers’ hourly minimum wage is half that of the standard minimum wage. Legislators who want to raise the tipped wage say the current system makes workers vulnerable to economic instability and workplace harassment.
A transgender Vermont high school student who was the target of a transphobic hate campaign is breaking her silence.
The books include English language favorites, such as “The Very Hungry Caterpillar,” which the Bennington Free Library translated into Dari with the help of local volunteers.
“I think we’re seeing more and more people kind of falling through the cracks,” said Lisa Falcone, executive director of Mercy Connections in Burlington.
- Health equity grants awarded in the NEK
- Panel discussion: The Power of Cartoons
- FrontPorchFlimflam.com statement on FPF’s private discrediting efforts
- Community learns about diabetes management at Gifford event
- Vermont Federal Credit Union elects Board of Directors at 69th annual meeting
- Health equity focus of day-long conference - Team Up, Take Action: COVID pandemic and the public health action: Rebuilding through alliances to promote health equity
- Howard Center receives contribution from Jericho residents, Catch 22
- FrontPorchFlimflam.com asks state officials to take a look
- Vermont Federal Credit Union donates over $20,000
- BBF announces 7 recipients of 2023 Vermont Early Childhood Fund grants