News Release — Green Mountain Power
June 13, 2016
Kristin Carlson, Green Mountain Power
Winners of GMP Inspire Space Contest to Share Cutting-edge Ideas and Space at GMP Offices
Colchester, Vt. – GMP announced today that five cutting-edge energy entrepreneurs have been named winners of the Company’s first ever Inspire Space Contest to collaborate with Green Mountain Power in its state-of-the-art, open concept workspace in Colchester, Vermont. The visionary companies were selected by a team of energy innovation leaders at GMP for their interest in Vermont. They will work alongside the GMP team to grow their companies, share ideas to help develop technology and clean energy solutions for GMP customers and beyond.
“We are incredibly excited to welcome these energy leaders to Vermont and work with them on innovations that will help us achieve our vision of a more sustainable future for our customers,” said Mary Powell, Green Mountain Power President and CEO. “By sharing our space with them, we anticipate helping to accelerate the work they have under development so our customers – and possibly the world – can see benefits sooner.”
The contest was launched this spring and applicants were interviewed before final selections were made. In each instance, the companies were asked why they wanted to partner and share workspace with GMP in Vermont. Virtual Peaker, a Kentucky company, wrote, “At the end of the 12 months, GMP customers will have been engaged in the development of something meaningful and useful to them, GMP will have established a strong partnership with an innovative company that will continue to pursue its vision of the connected home, and together, we will have the opportunity to establish a meaningful path forward.”
The five companies chosen are:
· Greenbanc, a Brooklyn, NY, based company that provides an online marketplace to help homeowners invest in energy efficiency and renewables. Learn more: www.greenbanc.com; twitter: @greenbanc
· Green Peak Solar, a renewable energy development and consulting company exploring innovative solutions in battery storage. Learn more: www.greenpeaksolar.com
· Virtual Peaker, based in Louisville, Kentucky, with an inspiring vision around the connected home. Learn more: www.virtualpeaker.io; twitter: @VirtualPeaker
· Packetized Energy, a Vermont company that borrows ideas from communication networks like the internet to manage distributed energy resources. Learn more: www.packetizedenergy.com; twitter: @PacketizedE
· Idenergie, a Canadian company offering simple renewable energy solutions for off-grid sites and improving micro-grid electrical stability. Learn more: www.idenergie.ca; twitter: @Idenergie_Inc
The companies will work alongside each other, the GMP team, and other energy leaders, receiving free space, coaching and collaboration with GMP for a minimum of one year.
“Green Mountain Power is widely recognized as a trailblazer among utilities, and has created an ideal space for Greenbanc to develop and grow its business,” said North Lennox, founder of Greenbanc. “We are excited to move our headquarters to Vermont and get started helping Vermont homeowners invest in energy efficiency and renewables, and independent contractors find green jobs. We believe Vermont has the potential to be the greenest state in the country, and we thank Green Mountain Power for the opportunity to work with their team.”
The first companies are expected to begin work at the Inspire space in July. For more information about Inspire or to see the space, visit www.gmpinspire.com