For information about our rates and to design an underwriting package that best fits your budget and needs, contact publisher Diane Zeigler at 802-839-6520 or 802-225-6224.
Our underwriting program is a significant funding component of our non-profit and fully independent online journalism.
We offer businesses and nonprofits an opportunity to reach a niche audience of decisionmakers: legislators, state agency officials, lawyers, entrepreneurs, lobbyists, business leaders and avid news consumers.
As a non-profit news organization, VTDigger’s reporting is supported by individual contributions, foundation grants, and most importantly, our underwriters, who promote their services via ads that you see on our website. In a recent survey of our members, 90% of respondents said that VTDigger publishes news they can’t get anywhere else. Our avid audience has grown since our launch to over 115,000 unique visitors per month – a significant number by both statewide and national publishing standards.
VTDigger.org endorses no political candidates or causes and seeks to present a broad spectrum of views. All sponsorship placements are subject to VTDigger.org approval and should include verifiable sources of funding.
VTDigger.org is a project of The Vermont Journalism Trust, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. VTDigger maintains editorial independence from its underwriting program, which has no influence whatsoever on the direction or content of our reporting.
CONDITION OF MESSAGE
- Underwriting placement on VTDigger is solely a gesture of appreciation for the underwriter’s support, not a guarantee or promise of performance.
- All underwriting messages are subject to VTDigger’s approval prior to running on VTDigger.org.
- Underwriting must be used in a manner that is descriptive in nature only, offering readers the opportunity to learn more.
- All ads on the VTDigger website are clickable links to landing pages where underwriters are in complete control of the longer message.
- VTDigger does not endorse or approve of any messages that exist outside the VTDigger website.
Issue messages must stick to the issue and may not be directed at a political figure or promote a political candidate or party. VTDigger does not accept material that contains:
- sales pitches, puffery (“This is the best flashlight ever made”), comparison advertising, or deadline-driven pricing incentives;
- ads that reference a specific piece of legislation by name.
- messages in support of or against a specific political figure.
VTDigger accepts a limited amount of taxable advertising, based on allowable guidelines under federal tax law for non-profit organizations. Taxable advertising is accepted on a first-come, first served basis.Allowable taxable advertising is of the following nature:
- Ads that directly promote a political party, candidate, or reference a specific piece of legislation by name.
- Ads that contain deadline-driven pricing incentives – such as “Act now to receive 10% discount”, etc.
Condition of Message for Political Advertising:
- VTDigger does not endorse or warrant the accuracy of political messages. Political ad copy must include the previous statement at the bottom of any ads of this nature.
- The advertising messages from candidates and advocacy groups must be neutral in tone.
VTDigger will not accept taxable advertising that contains puffery (“Candidate X is the greatest candidate for women”) or direct comparisons.
VTDigger will decline any underwriting or advertising material which it deems are in violation of any of the above policies.